March 20, 2012 by Heidi
Top Ten Tuesday is a weakly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. They love lists as much as I do, so it’s only fair to tip my hat.
Ah spring…I’m not going to lie to you, I don’t like it. It’s my least favorite season. In fact, March is my least favorite month of the year. I get allergies, it rains a lot (and I hate cold rain), it’s just generally crappy. Sooooo, as a result my top books of my spring to-read list have nothing to do with the season. I might pick winter reads, or summer reads, but my spring reads remain these books that I’m just plain excited to get to. So with no futher ado, here are the top 10 books I’m most excited to read this spring (clicky for GoodReads):
10) Witch’s Brew – Heidi R. Kling: I picked up this book a while ago, but haven’t gotten to it yet. It seems kind choose your own adventury, and I’m excited to check it out.
9) How to Flirt With a Naked Werewolf – Molly Harper: Dipping my toes into adult paranormal romance. I’m wary, but I hear Molly Harper is really snarky and funny, so I’m excited.
8) Howl’s Moving Castle – Diana Wynne Jones: I’ve wanted to read this one for ages, and for some reason never have. I’m making a point of it this spring.
7) The Iron Knight – Julia Kagawa: Okay, so, I still have only read the first in this series, but I am really looking forward to getting through the rest of it before summer!
6) Railsea – China Mieville: Futuristic Moby Dick retelling with railways and giant moles? Um…yes please!
5) Magic Strikes – Ilona Andrews: I’ve read and enjoyed the first two installments of Kate Daniels’s story, and everyone says Magic Strikes is where it gets really good, so of course I’m excited to go there!
4) Shadows on the Moon – Zoe Marriot: I’m really excited for this Cinderella retelling with a Japanese twist. Though I will say this is a case of US cover sucking while the UK cover is gorgeous.
3) A Conspiracy of Kings – Megan Whalen Turner: I’ve loved the first three parts of this series, and have been putting off reading the fourth one with the knowledge that it’ll be a looooong time before there’s a new one.
2) Scarlet – A.C. Gaughen: One of my most anticipated reads of the year! I finally picked up a copy last week, and am positively giddy about finally reading it.
1) Code Name Verity – Elizabeth Wein: I have heard nothing but wonderful, beautiful, next-to-perfect things about this book, and I am so ready to carve out some time to finally read it. I also like the UK cover of this one better, but I like the US cover as well.
http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=tf_cw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fbunbinthestac-20%2F8010%2F4ba0bd95-2fa2-415e-9d6f-77b175d646db&Operation=GetDisplayTemplate &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;A HREF=”http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=tf_cw&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;ServiceVersion=20070822&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;MarketPlace=US&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fbunbinthestac-20%2F8010%2F4ba0bd95-2fa2-415e-9d6f-77b175d646db&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;Operation=NoScript”&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;Amazon.com Widgets&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/A&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;