January 24, 2012 by Heidi
Top Ten Tuesday is a weakly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. They love lists as much as I do, so it’s only fair to tip my hat.
9) Tucker Avery – Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand. Maybe this one’s just because Unearthly has been my recent drug of choice, but the kid’s from my home state, outdoorsy, and a complete and utter gentleman. In his case, I would be happy to save a horse and ride a cowboy.
8) Darkwind – Valdemar: Mage Winds series by Mercedes Lackey. Long hair, good in the wild, hangs out naked in hot springs a lot, incredibly powerful mage powers…need I say more?
7) Kvothe – The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. He knows the mother effing name of the wind. And he’s an amazing musician. And a badass. And a bit of a geek for books and research. Hot.
6) Aragorn – Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien. One word: rugged.
5) Dream – Sandman by Neil Gaiman. Sure he’s a bit pale and emaciated, and I’ve never been much for the whole goth thing, but come on. I figure dating the dude who has Death for a big sister can only work out in your favor. Or end very badly. Eurydice says what?
4) Professor Lupin – Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling. Lupin is my fav!!! I know people go for Harry, or Ron, or even Neville but I am ALL for Lupin. But only if like Tonks never existed, because I LOVE Tonks and would not to that to her.
3) Bigby Wolf – Fables by Bill Willingham. Dude, this man is dedicated to the ones he loves. He shifts freely between rugged human and all out giant wolf with the power of the North Wind, and can wage one-man campaigns like a boss.
2) Jon Snow – A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. Seeing a pattern here? Yeah, I’m into wolves and dudes who are into wolves. Jon the Bastard comes with Ghost the direwolf, he’s a warg, Lord Commander, and completely off limits due to some pesky vows. Doesn’t every girl want what they can’t have?
1) Dirk – Heralds of Valdemar by Mercedes Lackey. Dirk gets the number one spot because I have had a crush on him for longer than any other on this list. Basically since I hit puberty. He’s got the best heart, loves truly, would do anything for his family, friends, or country. What can I say? Chivalrous yet gentle gets to me.
Who are your literary crushes?