April 21, 2012 by Heidi
Morning readers! So obvs I’m just getting started, because I do get so sleepy (but I will persevere through much of the night as a result). Here’s my intro, and the book I’ll be warming up with:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I wish I could say somewhere far from the ocean and much closer to mountains, but alas, I must own up to Long Island, New York.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Neverink for fun MG, or Daughter of the Forest for some fantasy retelling wonder….but I doubt I’ll get to either because I’ve got library due date priorities.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Chocolate Oreos and Cheetos!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I grew up owning donkeys, rabbits, steers, horses, dogs, cats, and fish…I love animals.
I play the horn, piano, and sing, but not near enough of any these days.
I dance off-beat.
I’ve pig wrestled for money.
I’m a big fan of The Great Outdoors, the actual thing, and the John Candy movie.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is my first readathon, which means everything is very exciting to me. I think I’m most looking forward to the attempt to stay up all night and read…I haven’t done this sort of thing since I did a Rock-a-Thon in like middle school for my church youth group wherein I discovered tons of amazing 80s movies. I hope I make some equally wonderful discoveries today!