My name is Heidi, and I am an aspiring librarian and bookseller. One of my primary passions in life is literacy and finding the right book for every reader. You are welcome to equate me to your favorite book-pushing hero, be it Lucien, Giles, Batgirl, or the wonderful bibliovangelist who placed just the right book in your hands and fostered your love of reading. Bunbury in the Stacks is my platform to talk about all things book related in whatever manner I deem fit.
What is Bunburying?
1. (humorous) Avoiding one’s duties and responsibilities by claiming to have appointments to see a fictitious person
For me, when I have “an appointment”, what I am really doing is reading, knitting, and drinking tea. Playing with my cat, gaming, watching T.V. or movies, and blogging.
- Chashing Dreams at Chachic’s Book Nook
- Women in SF&F Month at Fantasy Cafe
- Smugglivus 2012 at The Book Smugglers
- All Hallow’s Read: Dark Matter by Michelle Paver at The Book Smugglers
- The Scary-Funny Sweet Spot for Fortnight of Fright at Books Take you Places
- Coming to Sevenwaters for Seven Days for Sevenwaters at Book Harbinger
- Magical Methods of Transportation: Why Commuting in Fantasy is so much better than taking the bus…for Paranormous Fantastival at Paranormal Indulgence
- I survived the prairie, and so can you! Little House on the Prairie for Year of the Classic at The Readventurer
Salute Your Shorts
Salute Your Shorts is a weekly (ish) feature here at Bunbury in the Stacks highlighting and reviewing short stories and novellas. I love shorts, and feel as if they don’t get much attention around the blogosphere. While this is a local feature, I realize that others out there enjoy shorts as well, as such, anyone is welcome to join in at any time! If you’re interested in making your own Salute Your Shorts post, just shoot me a link via comments or Twitter, and I’ll include you in a roundup!
Check out previous Salute Your Shorts posts.
With Bated Breath
With Bated Breath is a regular feature here at Bunbury in the Stacks where I feature books I’ve recently added to my TBR, whether they be up-and-coming, or books from the past that have recently been brought to my attention. Inspired by Breaking the Spine’s Waiting on Wednesday and The Book Smuggler’s On the Smuggler’s Radar, I use With Bated Breath as an opportunity to talk about books I’m excited for, and also to feature the outlets that led me to them.
I also vlog! More recent book hauls, book chats, #FridayReads posts, or any other bookish topic that deserves some vloggy goodness.
Check out previous vlog posts.
Retro Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Angie at Angieville and focuses on reviewing books from the past. This can be an old favorite, an under-the-radar book you think deserves more attention, something woefully out of print, etc. Everyone is welcome to join in at any time!